|Yankee Pot Roast|
Traditional Yankee Pot Roast
adapted from Cooking Light Complete Cookbook
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 (2 pound) boneless beef roast or venison roast
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1 inch rounds
- 1 pound small potatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Using a spice grinder, grind rosemary, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Rub mixture all over roast.
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add roast to pan, browning on all sides. Combine broth, ketchup, and Worcestershire; pour over roast. Add tomato, bring to a simmer.
- Add carrots and potatoes, cover and bake at 300 for 1 hour or until tender.